prep time: 10 MINUTES cook time: 20 MINUTES total time: 30 MINS yield: 12 MUFFINS 1X category: BREAKFAST, SNACK, DESSERT method: BAKE cuisine: AMERICAN
These bakery-style lemon poppy seed muffins are seriously just the BEST. Soft and fluffy, sweet and tangy, they’re the perfect breakfast treat!
- 1 3/4 cup Spelt flour (can sub regular flour, 1–1 gluten-free flour, or half whole-wheat & half regular)
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 cup greek yogurt (can sub dairy-free yogurt)
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup butter or coconut oil, melted and cooled.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a muffin pan.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl. Mix all the wet ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until combined.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin pan filling 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Some brands of yogurts may be thicker than others. If yours is very thick, add 2-3 tbsp of milk or water to your batter if it having trouble incorporating.
- serving size: 1 muffin
- calories: 165
- sugar: 9g
- sodium: 95mg
- fat: 6g
- saturated fat: 3g
- carbohydrates: 23g
- fiber: 2g
- protein: 5g